Saturday, March 14, 2015

A "Doubting Thomas" blog

I once got hypnotized at a state fair. While I was hypnotized on stage I was given commands and I just reacted to them. I had no thought of what to do or think: just reacted. That is my main focus while preparing my character for this part. I don't want to over think my character. I want to feel what my character wants and wants to become.

My character is Thomas Dubbio (dubbio means doubting in Italian). He’s a small town guy from Nebraska. He played as a defensive back for his high school and college football teams. Then talent scouts recruited him to try out for the New York Jets. After signing on with the team he meets Judas, who is in New York spreading Christ's message and converts him to "Christianity". He becomes close friends with Judas and admires him. And takes his betrayal very hard. But all in all Thomas knows he is devoted to Christ and decides to follow Jesus.



While making decisions I am going 100% with my gut. First thing that pops into my head I run with. I feel that it is helping me be more natural. Even if my character is known for doubting.

Todd Carpenter - "Thomas"

No comments:

Post a Comment