Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Cast's Favorite Songs

The cast’s favorite songs from the show. Since I shared my favorite song and why with you all I thought you might enjoy hearing from some of my cast members. So I asked them what their favorite song was and why. Here are their responses:

Ashley White (Chorus/Leper) – Herod’s Song because the song and the dance are hella rad.

Bekah Merrick (Apostle/Chorus) – Blood Money because it’s constantly stuck in my head even though the only words I know in it are “I don’t want your blood money”.

Brandon Scott Tesch (Herod) – Herod’s Song. It’s just ever so lovely.

Quinn Fillmore (Simon Zealot) – Blood Money. It’s just too catchy and I love the feel of it.

Johanna Stagge (Mary Magdalene) – Gethsemane. Always. When I first heard Gethsemane I was a teenager and, at first, the lyrics seemed wrong. I always though Jesus was up to the task. Why would he beg to be spared? He’s pleading. Begging. With everything he is. Defeated. Because he’s human.

Jared Johnson (Jesus) – Gethsemane

Brianna Larson (Chorus/Reporter) – Can We Start Again Please, because of the interaction with Mary and all the children, and the music is pretty.

Kat Powell (Priestess/Chorus) – I agree with Johanna, and the song (Gethsemane) just brings me to tears. But then there is the pompus Herod who challenges Jesus in Herod’s Song. The tune is lighthearted and upbeat so juxtaposed to the situation at hand.

Todd Carpenter (Apostle) – I 100% have to say “Heaven on Their Minds.” I think the vocals in that song are amazing. Judas’ songs and Mary’s songs rock completely but the first song of the play
Rocks the hardest.

What’s YOUR favorite song from the show?

Don’t forget you can get your tickets now at:
www.orpheum.ovationpac.com

No comments:

Post a Comment